We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intercity Train times and prices after 15 June 2014

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
302 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Intercity Train times and prices after 15 June 2014

Hello,

I am trying to book tickets from Roma Termini to Riomaggiore on 18 June but the Trenitalia website seems to stop the intercity train options from 15 June?

Pre 15 June there seems to be a daily 9:57am train option which I would like to book for the 18th. Does anyone know when the website will release these tickets? I thought tickets could be reserved 120 days in advance?

Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,124 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Intercity Train times and prices after 15 June 2014

There is a timetable change on 15 June, and Trenitalia has not yet released InterCity train times past that date. It is not possible to predict when they will be released. You just have to keep checking the Trenitalia web site.

Times will probably not change all that much.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Intercity Train times and prices after 15 June 2014

You and me both ozgirl..looks like we have missed the boat...err train for any early tickets. I may not be able to get mine now until I am in Italy.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,357 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Intercity Train times and prices after 15 June 2014

Tickets can usually be reserved up to 120 days in advance but not when there is a schedule change. These take place twice a year, once in June and once in December. Until the changes are posted you won't be able to book the slower trains, which are usually the last to be loaded into the new schedule.

Donna

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Intercity Train times and prices after 15 June 2014

No-one else can book yet either, so it you check the website regularly you may well get advance reductions. Once tickets have been released, the reduced price tickets are also sold in booking offices and ticket machines at Italian stations until sold out - I've bought €9 Intercity tickets the day before travel in the past, though this is most certainly not to be relied upon.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
302 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Intercity Train times and prices after 15 June 2014

Thank you all. I'll keep checking

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
302 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Intercity Train times and prices after 15 June 2014

Finally these are up today. The seating plan for first class was showing 6 seats in a compartments. I've managed to get window seats. Hopefully facing the "front". Really hard to tell from the plan....

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,150 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Intercity Train times and prices after 15 June 2014

You can't tell from the plan, as the carriages may be turned in service. The only way to guarantee a seat facing the front is to book opposing seats for a couple, in which case one of you is guaranteed a front-facing seat.

8. Re: Intercity Train times and prices after 15 June 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2015, 07:16