We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

night train to venice

Level Contributor
117 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
night train to venice

When do the night train schedules come out for rome to venice (intercity night train)?

I see I can buy day tickets 4 months out but trentitalia does not list anything for an overnight option.

thank you

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
4,375 posts
873 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: night train to venice

The "Trenitalia" trains generally can be booked up to four months earlier, but at the beginning of June the winter train timetable ends and the summer timetable begins. Also, usually Intercity and overnight trains are uploaded on summer timetable much later than the HS trains. The advice is to consult the website www.trenitalia.com (click on UK flag) up to as the train you wish appears.

Brun066

CA
Level Contributor
7,941 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: night train to venice

Train times up to 8PM are about 3.5 hours. The ones after that take a lot longer. What time were you plannng on leaving?

Level Contributor
117 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: night train to venice

On earlier dates i see there is a train around 22:00 arrive in Venice around 6 am so it was that one.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,047 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: night train to venice

There is a timetable change on 14 June. The only trains for which information is yet available past that date are the fast Frecce services. The slower InterCity and Regionale train times are not published yet. Just keep checking the Trenitalia web site.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: night train to venice

The night train between Rome and Venice, if they still have it on the new schedule, makes many stops, more than ten if I remember correctly. At each stop, there is a screeching of brakes. I don't know if you'll get any sleep under those circumstances.

Level Contributor
117 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: night train to venice

thank you

7. Re: night train to venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 06:15