We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleep in Italy Apartments - paying balance

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
371 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Sleep in Italy Apartments - paying balance

I was surprised to recently receive an email from the above company requesting I transfer money to an account prior to arrival. I was expecting to pay the balance in cash upon arrival. Here is the email:

"As - for a new law - it’s no longer possible to pay the balance of holiday rentals in cash, there is a new procedure.

Payment of the balance is due by bank transfer before arrival on the following account:"

I'm a little anxious so wanted to see if I could confirm the legitimacy of this request in some other way than the company itself. Does anyone have any experience with this and what is this "new law"?

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,727 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sleep in Italy Apartments - paying balance

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187768-i20-k732…

mesh

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
371 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sleep in Italy Apartments - paying balance

Oops and here I thought I was being diligent reading these posts every few days. I completely missed this one. Thanks.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,459 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sleep in Italy Apartments - paying balance

You were being diligent, the post was started 12:35 a.m. yesterday (our time) :-)))

4. Re: Sleep in Italy Apartments - paying balance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 06:16