We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apt at via di sant'agata die goti, monti.

Syracuse
Level Contributor
488 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Apt at via di sant'agata die goti, monti.

What do you think of this location?

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
22,966 reviews
from US$76.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
528 reviews
from US$411.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,818 reviews
from US$123.40*
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,606 reviews
from US$57.20*
US$63.60
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,293 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Apt at via di sant'agata die goti, monti.

Link?

Syracuse
Level Contributor
488 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apt at via di sant'agata die goti, monti.

https://www.airbnb.it/rooms/927729…

Syracuse
Level Contributor
488 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apt at via di sant'agata die goti, monti.

Bump

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
14,764 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apt at via di sant'agata die goti, monti.

I've stayed several times at a convent on the same street. It's a perfectly fine location, not especially exciting, but close to the forum/colosseum. It's also close to Via Nazionale, where you can get buses to any part of the city.

New York
Level Contributor
87 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apt at via di sant'agata die goti, monti.

I like Monti very much and once stayed in an ap't near there. It's a cute neighborhood that feels less touristy than the area close to the center. But, that has its drawbacks, so it depends on you and your needs. Almost every day we had a 25 minute or so walk back to the ap't, and some of it was uphill, and sometimes took us through a few big noisy streets. At the end of the day it was tiring to make the walk.

Why not take public transport, you might ask? No subways go to the center of Rome; and the bus and tram system can be a bit hard to negotiate. Also, we had a bit of a walk to the bus stop anyway, and it ended up taking basically as long as walking.

I would not let this issue prevent me from staying in Monti again; one should just be aware of it, especially if time is at a premium. In fact when I was recently in Rome I stayed in a much more central location near Campo dei Fiori. It was certainly more convenient, but I found myself missing Monti. :)

By the way my vote for the best gelato in Rome goes to Fatamorgana, in Monti, at the Piazza degli Zingari. Unfortunately it wasn't there when I stayed in Monti, but if you do stay there its presence would be a major plus!

Syracuse
Level Contributor
488 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apt at via di sant'agata die goti, monti.

Thank you. We will be in Rome for 5 days. We are a family with kids in their 20's. I'm sure the kids will want to go out at night. . So what areas would you suggest?

New York
Level Contributor
87 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apt at via di sant'agata die goti, monti.

This I do not know as I am unfortunately far from that demographic. :) But my guess is that most parts of Rome have a good nightlife. It's a hopping city and Italians are very social.

Syracuse
Level Contributor
488 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apt at via di sant'agata die goti, monti.

What about this apt?:

http://www.vrbo.com/552884

9. Re: Apt at via di sant'agata die goti, monti.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2015, 07:15