We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to purchase tickets for Colosseum etc

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to purchase tickets for Colosseum etc

Hi, I will be in Rome only for a short time, 22/5-23/5/14, as the 23rd will be our whole day we are intending to do the underground tour at the Colosseum late in the day, I believe I will have to ring the Colosseum site to book this tour, however do I have to also book and pay for the entry ticket. Is it possible if we buy this from the Roman Forum whether we visit there either the 22nd or 23rd and then use on the 23rd for access to the Colosseum. Also what time is the Forum and Palatine open to, just in case we decide to do after the Colosseum.

Thankyou for any help.

Kerre

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
599 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to purchase tickets for Colosseum etc

hi,

best place to purchase tickets - in my experience - to save yourself time and hopefully avoid the incredible queues at the Colosseum - my suggestion - is to go directly to Palatine hill - purchase tickets there for both (www.aviewoncities.com › Rome › Rome Attractions www.tripadvisor.com.au › ... › Lazio › Rome › Things to do in Rome‎) - then you are able to go directly into the colosseum and avoid the queues - earlier in the day the better !

www.rome.info › Ancient Rome

have a great trip

Edited: 01 April 2014, 07:13
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,146 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to purchase tickets for Colosseum etc

Read the sticky at the top of the main page. It has all the information for booking the colosseum.

Donna

Edited: 01 April 2014, 12:41
3. Re: Best place to purchase tickets for Colosseum etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 06:15