We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ROME HOTEL near Navonna area ?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
672 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
ROME HOTEL near Navonna area ?

LOOKING FOR A ROOM TO CATCH A FLIGHT BACK TO AMERICA. We depart on October 1, 2014 and will be arriving by train from Agopoli or Salerno. Would like to see some of Rome, we where there almost 7 years ago,

I do not remember the area we stayed in back then, but it was close to the train termini

arriving 2 days pror to departure.

Thank You

Ronni

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,127 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ROME HOTEL near Navonna area ?

Hi there Veronica!

Can you mention your budget for the room? That will help people offer you useful suggestions.

Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
672 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ROME HOTEL near Navonna area ?

So nice to hear from a friendly name.

I will be ending our trip to my family, still can't believe that, and am looking for something about $150.00 including breakfast

Our flight is mid afternoon

I hear so much about Campo Fiori or Navonna, wil be arriving by Train and will need help with the luggage , will have only about day and Half to look around.

Your help always greatly appreciated.

Your will be hearing from me about tours or companies in southern Sicily You and Vagabonda, I don't know what I would have done without you, and still asking questions

Best, Veronica

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,127 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ROME HOTEL near Navonna area ?

No, no questions to me about Sicily - not familiar with it - that's next on my horizon.

If that is $150, not 150 euros, it is a bit low for high season, which it still is when there. If it is $150, it would be 108 euros. There is a hotel in the Campo de'Fiori area that a lot of people have mentioned as being a good budget choice - I do not personally know it, but you could check: http://smeraldoroma.com/en/default.html

This one is near the Pantheon:

http://albergocesari.it/en/default.html

I don't know any others that might be in that price range - and, I'm not even sure about these any longer - prices have just skyrocketed in even just the 2 years - it's pretty stunning.

Others I am sure will jump in and there is always www.venere.com -

I think you will get more options near Termini or near the Vatican in your budget range. At least near Termini, you will be close to the train for the airport when you leave.

I just looked at some sites of ones I know and the prices are through the roof, lowest amount about 200 euros plus.

This is a B&B that someone stayed at recently and enjoyed: http://www.trasteverecolorsrelais.it/en/

It is further southwest in Trastevere but not far from the no. 8 tram which will be very convenient for getting to Campo de'Fiori, Piazza Navona, Pantheon area and also for getting to the airport - I do not know their high season price though - you would need to send a message when you click on reservations on their site.

Here's their TA reviews: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187791-d245368…

Hurts to see these prices; late September was always my favorite time to go and now I just can't go until after October 31 (end of high season) - it is just so pricey.

I hope some others come up with some suggestions - I did also look at a few B&Bs but no luck - maybe someone else will have that luck for you.

For example - look at the difference in the "min" and "max" prices on this one's site:

lapapessabb.it/DEF/SITE/tariffe_inglese.php

Ouch.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,127 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ROME HOTEL near Navonna area ?

Just saw a suggestion in another thread running on this question at the moment and someone suggested:

http://www.myromeapartment.com/rooms/

Here's the link to the thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187768-i20-k73347…

Maybe that could be an option

Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
672 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ROME HOTEL near Navonna area ?

Thank you so very much, that will keep me busy for awhile,

Best wishes to you

Thank You

Veronica

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,127 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ROME HOTEL near Navonna area ?

One more to check - right next to Campo de'Fiori (despite its name it is NOT Hotel Campo de'Fiori) this place is about 100 yards from the square - I stayed years ago for a few nights and we had a pretty basic room - it was fine - there's just five rooms

The least pricey they seem to have for your dates is $386 (dollars, not euros) but it is a non-refundable price (but, I assume you get travel insurance just in case you need to cancel so you would be fine for most reasons):

http://www.bbcampodefiori.com

Good luck!!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
97,055 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ROME HOTEL near Navonna area ?

Hi Veronica, Take a look at the Hotel Mimosa, great location and good value.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187791-d239496…

Vagabonda

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,127 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ROME HOTEL near Navonna area ?

That looks like an excellent possibility Vagabonda; never have heard of it here, there or anywhere but it looks like it really just might be the perfect thing for Veronica.

As always - you manage to pull a rabbit out of a hat. I hope it will suit her.

Best,

MC

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
97,055 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: ROME HOTEL near Navonna area ?

And the best to you, with your big heart - Guardian Angel!

Vagabonda

Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
672 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ROME HOTEL near Navonna area ?

I will check it out to both of my friends

, thank you thank you Vagabonda and Momcat

more to check out

Happiness all around

Veronica