We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

toilets in Rome

Conroe, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
toilets in Rome

I am asking this because I rarely see anything posted on it. I would like to read any advice as to how available are the public toilets in Rome? I am talking about while out site seeing and exploring the streets and neighborhoods. My Mother will be with us and she will be needing to use a facility more often than my husband and I. We will be stopping in restaurants and bars, and that should not be a problem, but while out seeing the historical sites and walking I am a bit concerned. Does anyone have any input on this delicate subject? Thanks! Lisa

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: toilets in Rome

Lot's of good info here:

roninrome.com/%20equipment/toilets-in-rome

Conroe, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: toilets in Rome

Thanks for the quick response. I will check out that website.

Conroe, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: toilets in Rome

I read the website you recommended moltobene. Thank you! A very valuable contribution. Appreciate your help.

Edited: 03 April 2014, 06:28
North York Moors...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: toilets in Rome

What a very informative article! Like you Lisa,I like to know where the toilet facilities are,and this is a very comprehensive list.....phew! Thankyou MoltoBene :)

Conroe, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: toilets in Rome

Yes Heather, I feel much more at ease now with some info on that subject. It does not sound like it will be a problem, just a bit of a challenge at times. It simply sounds like when you see a facility that is readily available, do not miss the chance to use it!

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: toilets in Rome

You should bring toilet paper (or plenty of tissues) with you along with maybe those paper toilet seat covers. Most toilets will not have seats on them.

toronto
Level Contributor
778 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: toilets in Rome

Oh my. I have a severe bathroom phobia, the pictures with just a hole have terrified me as has the thought of not having enough money to take care of things...we are scheduled to arrive May 23rd, I never considered researching this part of my trip.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,572 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: toilets in Rome

tripadvisor.com/…52446071

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,507 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: toilets in Rome

Just put a couple of 50 cent pieces and couple of Euro coins in your pocket so if there are fees at public toilets (pretty much always) you are covered. And of course always have a few tissues in the pocket or purse. And any bar is fine -- order some small thing (my husband gets a coffee at the bar, the cheapest thing, while I use the bathroom)

Conroe, Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: toilets in Rome

Great advice all. I will carry my own supply of toilet paper and also some coins. Wanni, I think we will find that it won't be that much of an issue. We leave on May 9. I feel confident now that I know as much about Romes public bathrooms as I do the historical sites ! Have a wonderful trip. We intend to!!