We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days in Rome: Staying in two different locations

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
3 posts
Save Topic
10 days in Rome: Staying in two different locations

Travelling to Rome this July as a family (husband + kids: 12 and 14 years old). We have a week near the Spanish Steps at a hotel for my husband's work -- the Westin Excelsior. But which area should we stay in on our own for the other 3 nights?

At first I thought getting an apartment near the hotel would be nice and convenient (just walk over with luggage when it was time to switch accommodations). But now I wonder if staying in a totally different part of Rome would be better in order to be closer to different attractions. Then we could just taxi over when it was time to change.

Thoughts and feedback appreciated.

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days in Rome: Staying in two different locations

I like staying by Piazza Navona. I have found it sometimes difficult to get an apartment rental for only three days in the middle of summer.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,027 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days in Rome: Staying in two different locations

Stay in a different part of Rome, if you can find an apartment for 3 nights. I would suggest Trastevere near Ponte Sisto or Ponte Garibaldi.

3. Re: 10 days in Rome: Staying in two different locations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 05:17