We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poll: One Day in Rome

Marietta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Poll: One Day in Rome

Hi,

My husband and I will travel to Italy in early August and will have one afternoon and evening in Rome. We have been there once before and seen many of the highlights of the city, so one of the usual itineraries may not work for us. I'd love a few suggestions for our too short a visit! Here's a poll: please choose one or two activities we could indulge in in our limited time (we are only moderately active), a restaurant we should consider (moderate price: not too expensive, not too cheap), and a good overnight small hotel or B&B that will make us remember how much we love Rome. I'll look forward to hearing ideas!

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,650 posts
619 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Poll: One Day in Rome

It would help people to make suggestions if you would mention what sights you have seen already, and what your particular interests are … also, since you have such little time, do you know roughly what area you are staying in (I'd definitely stay in the historic center with just one afternoon and evening).

Marietta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Poll: One Day in Rome

Thanks, SpanishStepsApt - good suggestion! On our previous trip to Rome five years ago, we toured the Vatican, the Colliseum, the Pantheon and the Roman Forum. We saw the Spanish Steps, Piazza Navona and the Trevi Fountain and walked a LOT. On this trip, I would like a hotel or B&B in the historic center, as I want to go back to Piazza Navona and the Fountain before we leave. I've been looking at the Albergo Santa Chiara or the Baldassini as possible places to stay (after looking at Tripadvisor reviews) but am open to other suggestions. (We would prefer not having to haul luggage up lots of steps -- we aren't getting any younger!) Have we missed any big sights? And any particular dinner recommendation?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
27,822 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Poll: One Day in Rome

I would recommend the Colosseum underground tour if you have not done it yet.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Poll: One Day in Rome

My suggestion would be to stay at the Hotel Abruzzi in the Pantheon square. Ask for a room with a view of the Pantheon. You will be within 5-10 minutes walk of Navona and Trevi. There are lots of lovely restaurants near the Pantheon--we like Le Volte and Settimio al Pantheon. I've reviewed both of those, and the hotel, if you care to look. Also, second the idea for the Underground Tour at the Colosseum. It's well worth the visit.

Marietta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Poll: One Day in Rome

Thank you so much for your comments, Romagnome. I just booked at Hotel Abruzzi - that was a perfect suggestion! Next I'll be looking up your restaurant recommendations. Thanks again!

Edited: 14 April 2014, 23:27
Missouri
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Poll: One Day in Rome

You are very welcome! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. After dinner, it is such a lovely area to wander around. If you head directly north from the Pantheon, you will find Giolitti's gelato after a few blocks. Great way to end your evening!

7. Re: Poll: One Day in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 05:16