We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi from central Rome airport

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
taxi from central Rome airport

Hi

Can anyone please tell me a rough cost from of a taxi for 3 people from. the airport to the main(tourist) part of Rome, which taxis are best to get and where to get them from?

Many thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,028 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi from central Rome airport

From FCO airport to central Rome, there is a fixed price of €48. From Ciampino, it should be €30.

Just follow the signs for taxis, and take the next taxi off the official taxi rank. Ignore any offers of "taxis" from people hanging around.

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi from central Rome airport

thank you :)

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi from central Rome airport

Fressha, Did you do your trip to Rome yet? If so, could you confirm current taxi costs? (White Comune di Roma / SPQR taxis). 48 Euros was listed as the offical airport taxi rate two years or more ago. Wondering if it is still valid. Thanks

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,674 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi from central Rome airport

Nick listed the current prices. They are still valid and what you'll pay if you take an official taxi to or from the airport.

donna

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi from central Rome airport

Did my research and knew I should only be paying 48 but I still fell for the 'other' taxi scam, was led to a taxi by a guy with a badge telling me he was official and pointing at the police to confirm he was genuine.....70 euros on drop off, could have kicked myself. Plus the ride was thrilling, in a bad way, F1 driving by a 60 year old taking a puff of his heart medicine along the way nearly gave me a heart attack.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,704 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi from central Rome airport

We used Rome Shuttle Limousine, because of a reccomendation here, from and to FCO to central Rome. The drivers were waiting for us both at the airport (with a sign) and at our hotel on the way back. Both drivers were unfailingly polite. The price each way was 45 euro. They take credit cards, including American Express. I gave them each a 5 euro note as a tip, which was appreciated.

-- Steve

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,674 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi from central Rome airport

Avoid and ignore ANYONE who approaches you and offers you a ride, even if they say they work in some official capacity. They only way to get an official tour and pay the fixed rate is to go to the taxi rank and wait your turn. It will cost no more than 48 euros if you're going to inside the walls or the reverse.

donna

Edited: 29 May 2014, 21:13
Netherlands
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi from central Rome airport

Hello,

Is Termini considered to be within the walls? our hotel is near Termini but looking at the official site I can not fully understand if it's within the orange lines or not.

Thanks

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi from central Rome airport

"[...] Is Termini considered to be within the walls?"

Yes.

Netherlands
Level Contributor
13 posts