We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colosseum/Forums- tickets and order

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
seattle
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Colosseum/Forums- tickets and order

I think I have this down but just double checking. If we see the colosseum with our tickets on Saturday we can then use our tickets to see the forum and palatine hill on Sunday, correct?

We have confirmed entry and underground tickets to the colosseum.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colosseum/Forums- tickets and order

Yes thatd right. Make sure u leave plenty of time to collect your tickets. Even with skipping the queue it still took an hour and people were missing their tour time.

seattle
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colosseum/Forums- tickets and order

Can we pick up our tickets on Friday if our tour is on Saturday. Friday is just an open day for us to roam around the city. Would it make it easier to just get them the day earlier if we happened to be near there?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,271 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colosseum/Forums- tickets and order

No, you can't pick up your tickets early. You can only get them just before the tour starts. Also, I have never seen the line for tours or pre-purchased tickets more than 10 minutes long or so. There are usually two or three windows open for checking in for tours and picking up tickets. Must have been something going on the day vls137 was there.

Donna

Hampshire ,England
Level Contributor
528 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colosseum/Forums- tickets and order

There was no queue at all when I went on Tuesday. There was a massive queue for regular admissions next to the staff standing by the reservations and school tours roped of area . I was waved through with my email and meet by someone who said ticket booth 10 and I was straight in to pick them up.

We picked them up about 2 hours before and did the Palentine hill and then turned up for the underground tour 10 mins early.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,271 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Colosseum/Forums- tickets and order

Amy, most of the time they won't allow people to pick up their tickets early. You were one of the lucky ones. Others can try the same thing but they shouldn't count on being able to pick up their tickets early. If they want to guarantee getting into the others sites first all they need to do is use the print at home option when buying their tickets and just call to book the tour.

donna

6. Re: Colosseum/Forums- tickets and order

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2015, 05:16