We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sistine Chapel & St Peter's Basilica

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Batemans Bay
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Sistine Chapel & St Peter's Basilica

Wanted some help for buying online ticket to see Sistine Chapel & St Peters Basilica. Are we able to purchase tickets for entry in to both on one ticket? I was also thinking am I better off to purchase a guided tour?

Any help would be appreciated

11. Re: Sistine Chapel & St Peter's Basilica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2014, 14:40
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,822 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Sistine Chapel & St Peter's Basilica

Merma, stop spamming the forums with your advertising. IT's not allowed and no one wants to be sold to on these forums.

Caroline, you should see the Sistine chapel and basilica if YOU want to see them, not because someone else said you should. They are beautiful but if they don't interest you then don't waste your short time in Rome on them. A guide book really is the best way to figure out what you want to see and do. With just three days you'll need to make hard decisions on what those sites are but then the trip will not have any disappointments in it.

Donna

Richmond, Michigan
Level Contributor
923 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Sistine Chapel & St Peter's Basilica

We booked a time for a St Peters visit with this guide, http://www.voxmundi.eu/guided-tours/?lang=en. Is our first visit, and not sure if it will be worth it. It does say you skip the lines to get in, not sure how big the lines are. But any time not spent waiting in line is time well spent to me. Didn't seem to cost a fortune, and thought it would be nice to have someone pointing out things of interest in the Basilica.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,086 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Sistine Chapel & St Peter's Basilica

The lines can be hideously long; did you not find the tours offered by the Vatican itself suitable for some reason? Probably less pricey than anywhere else and it is offered through the official Vatican website.

(Donna: she should be gone soon….)

Richmond, Michigan
Level Contributor
923 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Sistine Chapel & St Peter's Basilica

Hi Momcat, I didn't see a tour for St Peters at the Vatican web site. Is it a tour that includes the Vatican/Sistine Chapel?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,086 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Sistine Chapel & St Peter's Basilica

Yes - …vatican.va/musei/tickets/do…

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,822 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Sistine Chapel & St Peter's Basilica

Wow, 25 euros each just to get into the basilica, seems like a lot to me. You can book a tour of the museums, chapel and basilica at the official site or you can book a tour that doesn't include the basilica but allows you to bypass the lines into the basilica for about the same price. The tour that includes the basilica is 36 euros and the tour of the museums/chapel is 32 euros. Not much more than the other sites is charging for just quick entry/tour of the basilica.

Donna

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,086 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Sistine Chapel & St Peter's Basilica

Donna - I hadn't known about this special entrance to St. Peter's - did you? Everyone will still need to go through security but I am curious as to how new this special perk is for certain tours.

Shawn: Are you only interested in St. Peter's or do you also want to visit the Vatican Museums, which includes the Sistine Chapel? I'm not clear on what all you want to see there.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,822 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Sistine Chapel & St Peter's Basilica

I saw them this summer. They take you to the front of the security line, you go through the scanners like everyone else. I'm not sure what happens beyond that but I see no reason to pay 25 euros or more just for bypassing a line that will take about 20-30 minutes.

Donna

Richmond, Michigan
Level Contributor
923 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Sistine Chapel & St Peter's Basilica

Just St peters MomCat, I've already booked before hours tour for Sistine Chapel, that includes entry into the Vatican also. After that visit were going to take a break and come back later in the afternoon to visit St Peters.