We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positano travel.....Positano forum

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Metairie, Louisiana
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Positano travel.....Positano forum

Would it be difficult to travel to Positano by train from Naples after an international flight? Would I be better off splurging with a hired driver for myself & my husband?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,210 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Positano travel.....Positano forum

I wonder why your question is headed "Positano travel .. Positano forum" when you chose to put it in the Rome forum? And it seems you are actually arriving at Naples!

I wouldn't take the train anyway: but the Curreri bus that goes directly from Naples Airport to Sorrento, and SITA bus from there to Positano.

Or of course, the most comfortable way to go would be by private transfer.

See also tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g194863-i286-k72174…

Edited: 20 April 2014, 21:25
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,736 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Positano travel.....Positano forum

If it is in your budget to spend between 100-120 (on average, depending on car service), then yes, a car service is a nice convenience, especially after that long flight; it's what I do when I go to Positano. They meet you at the end of your train track with your name on a card and take you off - takes about 1.5 hours to reach Positano.

The bus to Sorrento from Naples may be fine (never used it so I can't comment) but the SITA bus to Positano is a misery; huge numbers of people pushing and shoving to get on the bus and often not everyone who has been waiting for the bus makes it on - I stopped doing that years ago. When figuring out my budget for my trip, it is just an automatic addition to my budget when going there.

If you do get the car, see if the driver will let one of you sit in the passenger seat next to driver with the other of you right behind that person so you both can enjoy the view of the coast.

You really don't want to have to stand on a bus from Sorrento to Positano for over 30 minutes after that flight. And, that happens to a lot of people.

Metairie, Louisiana
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Positano travel.....Positano forum

Thanks for your advice. I thought I was in the Italy travel forum section, not Rome.

Metairie, Louisiana
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Positano travel.....Positano forum

Thanks for your advice. I like you idea of having a view while traveling tto Positano & sitting where we can see the scenery.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,736 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Positano travel.....Positano forum

Saw I didn't include the word "euros" after the "100-120" - so, not inexpensive.

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Positano travel.....Positano forum

momcat1992, which car service did you use? Planning to go to Positano next month. Thanks.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
7,713 posts
445 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Positano travel.....Positano forum

I am not momcat but know that momcat uses Guemar Travel, e-mail info@guemartravel.com because we used it based on momcat's recommendation. Really-really top notch service.

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Positano travel.....Positano forum

Thank you, Anna-Roz. I emailed Guemar Travel and they gave me some rates.

9. Re: Positano travel.....Positano forum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 06:17