We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking Map

malta
Level Contributor
275 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Walking Map

Hi.. We will be travelling to Rome in July and would like to spend one day on a walking tour of ancient rome (mainly visiting the colosseum, roman forum, trevi fountain, spanish steps, and pantheon). Can anyone tell us where to find a good walking map online please? Any tips on the itinerary please? Thanks in advance.

Once in Rome
Walking Tours, Cooking Classes, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Dearoma Tours
Walking Tours, Bike Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
Tourade
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Archaeology Tours
SPB Tours Mediterranean Rome
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Level Contributor
1,319 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking Map

You can use Google maps to plan the itinerary. But anyway you're visiting only major sites really close to each other. I would simply visit a tourist information office the day you arrive and grab a map there.

malta
Level Contributor
275 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking Map

thanks a lot ...i searched google maps, which is quite easy to follow in fact.

Italy
Level Contributor
7,773 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking Map

If you have a smart phone you can use it to show the map while you're walking. Plenty of people either can't follow a paper map or end up darting towards interesting sites not on the map route.

Then you have people like the guy I saw a few years back. standing right under a street sign and neither he or his friends could figure out what street they were on . I took pity and pointed to the sign.

malta
Level Contributor
275 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking Map

ha ha...good one. My husband is good at following maps and in fact he asked me to find one.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,977 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking Map

My girl has lent me her map of rome....its a small postcard size, and you open it up holding the 2 sides with two hands, and it pops up...folds out into 2 large maps ..its work of art. Oncd it pops out, one side is a map of rome, and the other is a close up of the historic centre with all the sights written. It has all the bus and train stops. She bought it in a bookshop here in australia. I read an interesting article which posed the question are we losing the ability, or skill of how to read maps, in these high tech times.

Level Contributor
1,319 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking Map

Your hotel also surely has free maps don't worry it will be easy.

7. Re: Walking Map

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 06:16