We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

may day (1 may) - metro operating and Basicala of St Pauls

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
12 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
may day (1 may) - metro operating and Basicala of St Pauls

Hi, I am visiting Rome. wanted to know if the metro will be operating on May 1 (May day) and also if it is possibe to go to BASILICA OF ST PAUL and walk around or will that also be closed to tourists?

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: may day (1 may) - metro operating and Basicala of St Pauls

Over here public transportation works all year round; as for that basilica, I believe it will be open.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: may day (1 may) - metro operating and Basicala of St Pauls

I am in Rome now at 1330 and many streets are closed for diplomatic express lanes and peds only and have been for the last day or so. Soon all these extra people will leave though.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,482 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: may day (1 may) - metro operating and Basicala of St Pauls

As Quirite says, transportation will be running, on a holiday schedule. The Basilica of St. Paul is open every day.

4. Re: may day (1 may) - metro operating and Basicala of St Pauls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 06:15