We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vatican Entry

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Vatican Entry

Hello,

I am planning a visit to the Vatican museums, Sistine chapel, and St. Peters. I'm reading on their website a couple things and I'm hoping someone can clarify for me:

Here's where this information comes from: …vatican.va/musei/tickets/do…

Admission Tickets purchased in advance allow you to skip the line (as it implies on the above website)? Or, do I have to purchase a tour to skip the line? Or, are there separate lines for tickets and entry?

Please help!

Thanks,

Brandon

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,150 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vatican Entry

Whether you buy just tickets or a tour you get to skip the line. Walk by the line and go the entrance of the Vatican Museums and show your voucher.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,630 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vatican Entry

After you walk by the line to the Museums, just show your voucher to the guard and you'll see the signs.

Entrance to St. Peter's Basilica is free, there is a security line.

By purchasing a tour of the Museums and the Basilica you will exit the Museums thru a door into the Basilica. Otherwise, it's about a 15 minute walk from the Museum entrance to St. Peter's Square.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vatican Entry

Thanks!

So the line is for people who didn't plan ahead and buy tickets in advance? How silly for them!

4. Re: Vatican Entry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 06:15