We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone done limo tour of Rome with toddlers?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anyone done limo tour of Rome with toddlers?

Hi,

Will have one full day in Rome in August as day trip from Tuscany. We actually have 1 and a half - the half day we have booked a private guide for vatican museums.

So we have one full day after arriving into Roma Termini at 0835am. We hope to be picked up in a minivan (we will be two adults and three small ones (4,3,1yo), and then driven around Rome to see all the main sites - I think that the minivan/limo guided tour is definately the easiest way to go with the three little ones.

There are so many good companies out there but I was after experiences from anyone who did a similar tour with young kids who has had a particularly good experience with a particular company.

Thanks alot,

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,737 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone done limo tour of Rome with toddlers?

You just want to be driven around - not go inside any sites?

NY
Level Contributor
3,570 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone done limo tour of Rome with toddlers?

Someone else asked a similar question, you might want to look over

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187791-d1…

I have not used this company or any like it in Italy, but it seems amazing they have essentially a perfect review score, of course none of these are inexpensive.

PS if you find yourself looking at HO/HO buses I would advise caution against that

Edited: 08 May 2014, 16:55
NY
Level Contributor
3,570 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone done limo tour of Rome with toddlers?

I should also add that while some of the reviewers of the above company have made only one or a very few reviews (that can be a red flag) there are also quite a few reviews from more active travelers as well.

Another outfit to look at is Romecabs.com

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone done limo tour of Rome with toddlers?

Hey,

thanks for the replies.

Of course we want to go into sites! We have done a fair amount of travel ourselves here in NYC this last year and travelled to some places around the states. With three little ones, having a car/minivan is the ONLY way to get around and explore as it allows you to do things in your own time and you can change your itinerary as required.

With that said, we did a HO/HO tour of San Francisco which works out well also as the two toddlers are able to walk around and we just put the baby in one of those baby carriers.

The benefit of getting a minivan as I see it in Rome is that the drivers can get closer to the sites than a large bus can. We want the benefit of local knowledge and ease of transportation with minimisation of walking in the middle of summer - a guided limo tour fits the bill perfectly.

I was wondering if there is anyone who has actually done this with toddlers themselves,

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,685 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone done limo tour of Rome with toddlers?

Last year we went as a three generation family to Rome and had a mini van take us to the sites we wanted to see and "self guided" inside. We used Italy Chauffeur Service. Used them several times for various airport transfers.

http://www.italychauffeurservice.com/

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone done limo tour of Rome with toddlers?

Marco's tours of Rome looks great - he looks like a bit of a character and has kids himself and his tours can cater to kids which is good. It will be like having a babysitter! he is more expensive than others but then again you are also getting a licenced tour guide who can actually leave the car and walk around with you rather than paying for a separate tour guide in addition to the driver. Thoughts?

7. Re: Anyone done limo tour of Rome with toddlers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 06:18