We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

View from Palantine Hill

London, England...
Level Contributor
323 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
View from Palantine Hill

Hi

I'd be grateful if someone could tell me whereabouts in Giardino degli Aranci (Parco Savello) to go for the view of St Peters. Using google maps & street view, I see there is an entrance to a park next to Santa sabina. Is this the one? Any help with the precise location on google maps would be great.

Thank you

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,037 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: View from Palantine Hill

it's the sun on this google map

Piazza Pietro d'Illiria

Garden of the Orange trees

italyguides.it/us/…parco-savello.htm

I was there in March

the place where you look through the keyhole is down the street from the Garden of the orange trees, and is the blue man on the google map

Piazza dei Cavalieri di Malta

Priory ofr the knight of Malta St peter's keyhole

italyguides.it/us/…st-peter-keyhole.htm

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,805 posts
672 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: View from Palantine Hill

The Orange Gardens are on the Aventine Hill, which is the most southern of Rome's "seven hills," and it is just south of the Palatine Hill. Since your thread mentions "Palantine Hill," I assume you were referring to the Palatine, but it's the Aventine you want for the Orange Gardens.

3. Re: View from Palantine Hill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 06:17