We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome metro iPhone app

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rome metro iPhone app

I have a Paris metro app that merges than paris map with the metro lines and is super easy to use. I have downloaded several rome metro apps but none shows the rome map along with the metro lines and stations. Can anyone recommend one for iPhone/ipad? Thanks for your help.

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
867 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome metro iPhone app

ATAC, Rome public transit, actually has wifi at major bus stops that let you plan your route. atac.roma.it is their web site

Saxapahaw, North...
Level Contributor
433 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome metro iPhone app

The metro in Paris is a lot more complicated. rome's metro is so simple, you won't really need anything too fancy. :)). Good luck!

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,724 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome metro iPhone app

The atac has an excellent web site that's optimized for use on smart phones. It's not an app, but as long as you have internet access, you can use it as if it were an app. The web site is muoversiaroma.it .

You can choose English at your language, near the bottom.

If you're at a bus stop, you can enter the number of the stop (found on the bus stop sign), and it will tell you which buses will stop there and how far away each one is. It also will tell you how to get somewhere from where you are, or tell you all the stops a bus makes if you enter the route number. At the bottom there's a link to call a taxi.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome metro iPhone app

Thank you all for the info. I had no idea it worked that way. Amyhoff small world. I am from Burlington originally and In town right now

Melbourne
Level Contributor
17 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome metro iPhone app

The Atac website is good but the CITYMAPPER app is by far a winner.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome metro iPhone app

If you're just using the metro and not the buses, just find what stop you want on the maps in the stations, see what direction you need to go, and if you need to make a line switch. It may not be the best subway in the world because of limitations on where it can take you, but it's certainly easy.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rome metro iPhone app

I've been using the ATAC app Muoversi a Roma and it's almost always worked for me.

8. Re: Rome metro iPhone app

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2016, 07:15