We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trastevere vs. Jewish Ghetto for a food tour

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
70 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Trastevere vs. Jewish Ghetto for a food tour

I'm trying to decide between the eatingitaly food tour that is in trastevere or the food tours of rome tour that starts in the jewish ghetto. each of them got great reviews so i'm thinking i'll make a decision based on which area of rome is more interesting. It's possible that i'm a complete idiot and that both those areas are the same.

Thanks for the help!!

RomeInLimo Tours & Excursions
Walking Tours, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , City Tours, Private Tours
Eating Italy Food Tours
Cooking Classes, Food Tours
LivItaly Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Rex-Tours The Rome Experience
Segway Tours, Food Tours, Bike Tours, Private Tours
Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,905 posts
675 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trastevere vs. Jewish Ghetto for a food tour

No, the two areas are not the same. One tour is in Trastevere (the name means across the Tevere, and it is across the river from the rest of the historic center), the other (based on their website) starts at the Jewish Ghetto and goes through Piazza Navona and Campo de' Fiori, and the Pantheon area. Both tours look fun, I'd probably lean towards Trastevere. Either way, I'd jot down a few of the places in the the tour you did not take, and try them on my own, if you have the time.

Lutherville...
Level Contributor
463 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trastevere vs. Jewish Ghetto for a food tour

We did the 6:15PM Trastevere tour a couple of months ago and "loved it".

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
70 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trastevere vs. Jewish Ghetto for a food tour

thanks for the replies. very helpful!

4. Re: Trastevere vs. Jewish Ghetto for a food tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 06:16