We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

farmcia question

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
newark, nj
Level Contributor
328 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
farmcia question

I have pink eye (conjunctivitis) - in Rome, how can I say this to farmacia staff and can they give me anything to treat it?

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: farmcia question

Go to the farmacia and show them your eyes, they'll give you something, usually a "collirio".

Are you sure it's conjuctivitis or your eyes are simply tried by the sun and wind?

You can say: buongiorno, potete darmi qualcosa per i miei occhi? (Good morning, can you give me anything for my eyes?)

newark, nj
Level Contributor
328 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: farmcia question

Thanks, yes its definitely pink eye because when I wake in morning my eye lids is almost stuck closed

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: farmcia question

Sorry for you, go to the farmacia, they open early in the morning.

They'll know what's good for you, be sure that they'll give a look to your eyes.

If you don't understand some words in leaflet inside the medicine box, come back here and we'll see if we can help you.

newark, nj
Level Contributor
328 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: farmcia question

Thanks I just got back and the farmacist understood and gave me some antibiotic drops as you said, collirio. He told me how many drops to use per day...

In the US I would have to pay to see the doctor before getting this

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: farmcia question

The phamacist in Italy IS a doctor!

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: farmcia question

Tabata is right - the people working beyond a pharmacy counter in Italy have to have a degree in Medicine.

7. Re: farmcia question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 09:16