We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

romecabs.com

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
409 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
romecabs.com

I see on their website that their drivers speak just "basic English". Has this been a problem for anyone who does not speak Italian?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,770 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: romecabs.com

I have used them just for transfers so I did not need someone who speaks great English.

United States
Level Contributor
9,572 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: romecabs.com

It has not been a problem for me. Sometimes 'basic' is better than you think and it will be good enough to get you where you need to go. Have the address written out just in case, although it will be on your reservation.

TAB

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
409 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: romecabs.com

Thanks! I just need transfers to hotel by Pantheon. It sounds like it's a non issue.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,970 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: romecabs.com

We used them for three transfers. The drivers were all great. Clearly non of them were fluent in English but then I am nowhere near fluent in Italian. We managed to communicate just fine and they were incredibly punctual and very helpful.

Edited: 15 May 2014, 19:59
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: romecabs.com

We used Rome Cabs a while back and the only complaint I had was the driver did not speak excellent English so could not find our hotel. I would suggest you print out your hotel, address, phone #, and anything else in case the driver can't find the hotel. I always do this now when we travel to another country.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,770 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: romecabs.com

I would never assume a taxi or car service driver is going to the addresses of hundreds of hotels. I have always given them the addresses either verbally or written down. Taxis here in NYC do not know the address of each of our many hotels.

But this is a good reminder to have it written down unless you speak decent Italian.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,970 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: romecabs.com

Me too, I always get the address of the place we are staying and a contact number for the driver just in case we get lost.

No way can the drivers know every hotel in a huge city.

8. Re: romecabs.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 09:17