We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PIckup time from Rome to Civi port

San Diego...
5 posts
Save Topic
PIckup time from Rome to Civi port

We have a cruise ship departing at 5 pm on a Saturday from Civi port. We are staying at a hotel in Rome the night before and we would like to explore Rome before we board our ship. We plan to take a golf cart tour and they told us they can pick us up at the hotel at 9:30 am and then drop us back to the hotel at 1:30 pm after the tour.

And so we're hiring a private transfer and if we ask them to pick us up from the hotel at 1:45 pm, will we make it on time to the port and our ship? How's the traffic on a Saturday afternoon? Will we make it in time for the drill before the ship leaves? Please advise. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

TopBike Rental & Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, Bike Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
City Wonders
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Night Tours, Day Trips
Stefano's RomeCabs
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Italy Segway Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Night Tours, Segway Tours, Private Tours
niagara
Level Contributor
444 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PIckup time from Rome to Civi port

You should make it in plenty of time if you leave at 1:45. Traffic is pretty busy on Saturday but I still think you'll be okay. It's typically about an hour. I've taken cruise transfers(bus) & various trains from Rome over the years on Saturdays to make it to the port & it never took longer than it was supposed to. Get your ship's contact information just in case you need to call them if you're delayed & might not make it in time. Many ships will wait until all passengers are on board before leaving port. I've never been on a ship that held the drill immediately after sailing-some wait a few hours after sailing.

It's worth the extra time in Rome you have that morning before getting on that ship-Rome has so much to see!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PIckup time from Rome to Civi port

I booked our transfer to the port with Rome Cabs. They told me the trip takes 90 minutes, depending on traffic. We are staying in central Rome and they are picking us up at 10am because we want to be at the port by noon.

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
11,960 posts
602 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PIckup time from Rome to Civi port

Sorry, in Italy there is no Civi port.

San Diego...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: PIckup time from Rome to Civi port

Are you serious? Yes we all know there's no Civi port, I made it up, it's short for CIVITAVECCHIA port. lol

San Diego...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: PIckup time from Rome to Civi port

Why not enjoy some of Rome before you board your ship? What time does your ship leaves?

6. Re: PIckup time from Rome to Civi port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 05:17