We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celebrity Mediterranean

Toronto
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Celebrity Mediterranean

My wife and I are going to be experiencing our first cruise to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary in Oct.

We are on the Galaxy and would like any suggestions that would enlighten our experience. Any issues with the cruise line. What is better book the cruise day trips or just try it on our own?

Also , we are flying into Rome a day early and would like advise and the best way to get to Civitavecchia where we will be departing the next day.

Thanks, Mike

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Celebrity Mediterranean

Hi there Mike!

We did the Galaxy this past October so I can certainly give you input as to the ship and ports, etc. However, I would also suggest that you go to the www.cruisecritic.com boards and check them out. You will find a lot of information there on the Galaxy and the ports, etc. When you get to the website, click open the "boards" category at the top left, then either go to the Celebrity Cruises category and click that open or go further down the page to the "Roll Calls - Celebrity", then click that open and look for the Galaxy and the date of your cruise. You will find others posting there that will have suggestions on transportation to the port, etc. You may be able to share a ride to the port w/ others. It will be much cheaper doing it this way than going through the cruise line.

If you are flying in the day before, you may also find others doing the same thing that are looking to share a ride to the port. You can also post that you are looking to share a ride.

We shared a ride with 2 other couples that we posted on the Cruise Critic boards. We paid E160.00 for all 6 of us in a nice mini-van that picked us up at the hotels and drove us to the port. We did tip the driver on top of the E160.00 price.

I can give you more information about limo drivers, etc. if you like. There are lots of recommendations here on TA also. Just do a search for limo drivers.

What hotel are you staying at? If you are having a limo driver pick you up at the airport, then perhaps you could get a price to also drive you to the port.

What ports will you be visiting on the Galaxy? I can give you info on the ports also. You will also find a lot of helpful info on the ports in the Cruise Critic boards by scrolling further the main boards page to the "Ports of Call" area, then open the "Europe" section.

Hope this helps.

May

2. Re: Celebrity Mediterranean

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 16:20