We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yet another Colloseum tickets questions

Ottawa
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Yet another Colloseum tickets questions

I've tried to search but couldn't find distinctive answer...

So if you buy Colloseum tickets online on official website do you just walk in with these tickets to the Colloseum or you must first pick them up somewhere using another(shorter) lines?

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
23,591 Reviews
from US$73.50*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,883 Reviews
from US$58.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Private...
542 Reviews
from US$391.20*
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
37,765 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yet another Colloseum tickets questions

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k72049…

6th paragraph

Donna

Ottawa
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yet another Colloseum tickets questions

Thanks Donna for you answer but 6th paragraph doesn't really answers my question. 6th paragraph reads:

***Does the romapass or entry tickets that I buy online allow me to bypass the lines?**

Yes, both allow you to bypass the lines that can be very long. Just approach the lines and the attendant will show you which line to use.

So 6th paragraph tells me that attendant will show me which line to use. Is it going to be the line to enter Colosseum or it's going to be the line to pick up the tickets to enter the Colosseum?

Mentioned in this post
Colosseum
Colosseum
120,629 Reviews
Rome, Italy
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
37,765 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yet another Colloseum tickets questions

It depends on how you bought the tickets. Did you use the print at home option? If so, you have the tickets. If not, you go to the special events desk to get the real tickets. I'm not really sure why it matters so much. The attendant will point you to the line where you need to go. If you already have a printed ticket he'll put you in the line for that. If you need to exchange a voucher for a ticket, he'll put you in the line for that. Neither line will be more than one or two people long.

Donna

Edited: 18 May 2014, 12:29
Ottawa
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yet another Colloseum tickets questions

Thanks Donna!

I haven't bought any tickets yet so I was not aware of 'Print at home' option.

The goal of my question is to avoid as many lines as I can. The line to enter the Colosseum that you have to be in anyway is one thing. Another thing is to buy tickets on the web just to end up in another line to pick them up.

Mentioned in this post
Colosseum
Colosseum
120,629 Reviews
Rome, Italy
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
37,765 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yet another Colloseum tickets questions

Those picking up ticket usually never wait more than a minute or two. This is why people buy ahead of time, to avoid the lines.

Donna

6. Re: Yet another Colloseum tickets questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 05:17