We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

175 Bus

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Topic
175 Bus

Hi does anyone recommend using the 175 bus to get our bearings for our first afternoon in Rome?? I can remember reading a post and jotted the number down but can't find it again.

The Hop on Hop off buses get mixed reviews so not sure about using them.

We are staying close to Termini Station. I realise walking is best and I am sure we will be doing plenty of that, but it might give us an idea of the location of some of the attractions and distance from the hotel.

Thank you

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 175 Bus

I never heard of a 175 bus, and according to ATAC, that line doesn't exist. You might want to try one of the little electric buses, which go all through the center, including to places where the tour buses can't go:

http://www.atac.roma.it/files/doc.asp?r=9

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 175 Bus

There is indeed a # 175 bus line operating between the Roma Termini and Roma Ostiense train stations, but has got nothing to do with HO-HO buses.

I think the O.P. had the # 110 Archeobus in mind.

Edited: 20 May 2014, 18:47
Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 175 Bus

@ bvlenci: ATAC cancelled some bus lines in the past days, and # 175 was among them. This would explain why you couldn't find it on the company's website.

Edited: 20 May 2014, 18:51
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 175 Bus

Thanks for the update it was not the 110 bus, as I also had info about that service as well.

I will look at the link for the electric buses, if not we might just get the metro to a central point and just have a wander around. It could be 3pm before we are ready to go out and we have a early 7.30am tour booked for the Vatican the next morning so don't want to plan too much as we will have already had a 3.30am start.

A quick browse some nice food and not too late to bed was the plan.

Thanks

Edited: 20 May 2014, 20:13
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 175 Bus

The metro goes near to some central sites, but not all. There are stops at the Colosseum (Colosseo) and at the Spanish Steps (Spagna). The Barberini stop is a fairly short walk from Trevi Fountain, and there are two metro stops fairly near the Vatican (Cipro and Ottaviano), although I would prefer to take a bus there. However, that leaves many things that don't have a metro stop very near.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 175 Bus

Thanks that's a great help.

We will get a taxi to the Vatican as we have an early start but will probably use the metro or bus on the way back.

7. Re: 175 Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2015, 07:16