We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Colosseum to Vatican museum

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
From Colosseum to Vatican museum

Hi everyone, I am planning to go to Rome with my friends in June. I am just wondering what will be the best way to get to Vatican Museum from Colosseum and how long does it take.

Thanks a lot!

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
11,678 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Colosseum to Vatican museum

"Best" depends on your priorities. The fastest and most comfortable would be a taxi, but it's also more expensive then the metro, a bus, or walking. What's important to you?

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Colosseum to Vatican museum

how much does it cost by taxi? And how long does it take by metro?

thanks

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: From Colosseum to Vatican museum

how much does it cost by taxi? And how long does it take by metro?

thanks

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
11,678 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Colosseum to Vatican museum

My best guess for a taxi would be about 10 Euro.

Metro time depends on how long you wait for the first train and how long you wait to change trains at Termini. Best case is 15 minutes, worse case is 30, plus the time to walk from the metro stop to the museums's entrance (one third of a mile, 5 - 10 minutes for most people).

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
11,678 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Colosseum to Vatican museum

There's also a bus option, but it would take about as long as the metro. You can get the #271 bus from the stop in front of the Colosseo metro and take it to Piazza Risorgimento. From there to the museums's entrance is one third of a mile.

Bus line 271: viaggiacon.atac.roma.it/…

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: From Colosseum to Vatican museum

that helps me a lot, thank you very much! :)

7. Re: From Colosseum to Vatican museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 05:17