We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodations for Rome- 1st time visitor

TX
Level Contributor
90 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodations for Rome- 1st time visitor

I am getting overwhelmed trying to find accomodations in Rome for my family of 5. My husband and I will be traveling with our 3 teenage girls and would like to stay near the Piazza Navona or the Pantheon area. I have been looking all day and it seems like a lot of places are booked at this point. I am open to renting an apartment or getting a hotel. I have been on this site and VBRO.

Thank you for any suggestions you might have! I would like to make this a memorable experience for my family!

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Piazza Navona
Piazza Navona
31,456 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Pantheon
Pantheon
64,130 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Missouri
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodations for Rome- 1st time visitor

Try venere.com. You can put in your dates, budget and area and it will return matches for you. When are you going? I found our apartments using the "vacation rental" tab above. I think you can narrow your search by beds/baths/area/$$. Had really good luck with that.

denver
Level Contributor
218 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodations for Rome- 1st time visitor

I'd also love thoughts on this question. We are a family of four visiting Rome for the 1st time, and would appreciate any ideas.

cetex: I'm wondering how you chose those two locations...

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,359 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodations for Rome- 1st time visitor

Cetex must have done a little bit of research, that's how. Piazza Navona and the Pantheon are in the heart of the historic center of Rome. They're excellent n'hoods to stay in, if a bit on the pricey side.

Mentioned in this post
Piazza Navona
Piazza Navona
31,456 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Pantheon
Pantheon
64,130 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodations for Rome- 1st time visitor

Last year We stayed at Palazzo Olivia near the Piazza Navona and found it a great location lots of restaurants, easy walk to the Pantheon and Trevi Fountain, its very busy but thats Roma-we would stay here again

Mentioned in this post
Palazzo Olivia
Palazzo Olivia
318 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Piazza Navona
Piazza Navona
31,456 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Pantheon
Pantheon
64,130 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Trevi Fountain
Trevi Fountain
80,174 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Roma Boutique Hotel
Roma Boutique Hotel
651 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
6 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodations for Rome- 1st time visitor

We stayed at the Hotel Sant' Anna: Mom, Dad and two teenage girls. It is right next to St. Peter's, so not in the neighborhoods you requested, but is a great base. They had a room large enough for the four of us.

denver
Level Contributor
218 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodations for Rome- 1st time visitor

MichaelSeattle...didn't mean to offend you. You don't need to respond to posts that are poorly researched, you know?

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodations for Rome- 1st time visitor

Actually, many of the other people who could help you don't bother to respond at all to overly vague and poorly researched questions, so it's up to you.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomodations for Rome- 1st time visitor

I use www.booking.com to find lodging in Rome. They seem to me to list more suites and serviced apartments than www.venere.com does. Both are good reliable reservation sites. If you request 1 room and specify 5 people, most of the places that will come up will be apartments or suites. You can select your preferred neighborhood on the left, or you can just specify the destination as "Pantheon, Rome" or "Piazza Navona, Rome", or even "Rome city centre". You can sort the list by price or by guest rating. Pay attention to the guest rating, and read the guest reviews before making a final choice.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Pantheon
Pantheon
64,130 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Piazza Navona
Piazza Navona
31,456 Reviews
Rome, Italy
TX
Level Contributor
90 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accomodations for Rome- 1st time visitor

I did a lot of research and what I found is this is the two areas that are the most centrally located. I found an apartment and will let everyone know my review!

TX
Level Contributor
90 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accomodations for Rome- 1st time visitor

Thank you everyone for your input! So many of the places I have looked at have been booked as I should have started booking months ago. I chose an apartment that is in the Piazza Navona area. I am a bit nervous because it is a new listing and there was only one review. I will let you guys know how it works out for me!

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Piazza Navona
Piazza Navona
31,456 Reviews
Rome, Italy