We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach near Rome??

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
23 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Beach near Rome??

I have one free day to go do something outside of Rome, I really wanted to go to the beach. Are there any nice beaches that I can access via metro or bus? I'm staying very close to termini and just want to take a small day trip to a relaxing beach or interesting town?

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,463 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach near Rome??

Ostia has a beach and is easily accessible by train or bus. You can also see the Ostia Antica ruins.

Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,463 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach near Rome??

Here is a recent post about how to get to Ostia via public transport:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k74884…

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
13,826 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach near Rome??

Before you go, take a look at google maps or other sites where you can see what the beach looks like. I have talked with too many Americans who were disappointed by beaches in Italy, because they had unrealistic expectations based on what they are used to at home, or in the Caribbean. Check it out first and adjust your expectations accordingly and you can have a great day.

4. Re: Beach near Rome??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 06:17