We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to buy face care products near termini?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
111 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
where to buy face care products near termini?

Many thanks to the regular posters who help us newbies in a new city. We are now down to the little details for our summer trip to Europe, beginning in Rome. We are flying in from the USA and doing carry on luggage only

I have a very specific question about health and beauty products that I hope the locals can answer. I have a teenage daughter who uses witch hazel as a face cleaner and toner several times a day. She will not be able to bring it along due to luggage restrictions. She has pretty sensitive skin and many products do not work well for her. We will be traveling for over 3 weeks. Do the pharmacies in Rome sell witch hazel? If not, I will need to find a product that she can begin using in here in the states over the next few weeks to make sure she tolerates it well. Any suggestions of a common face cleaner to help a teenage girl would be appreciated.

Also, if this is something that is sold in Rome, where would we be able to purchase it? It is available in pharmacies and grocery stores here in the USA. We are staying near the Termini -- close to the opera house.

Many thanks for any help that you can provide. I know that it seems like a ridiculously simple issue but to my young daughter it is very important.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,934 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to buy face care products near termini?

Why not pack it in stowed luggage - only liquid restrictions apply to carry on.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to buy face care products near termini?

The last time I was in Termini station, there was a really big pharmacy type store. You could check there (if it's still there...).

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
111 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to buy face care products near termini?

Kathy-- we are not checking any luggage through, we are doing carry on only for this trip. The liquids are not worth it to hassle with checking luggage - although it would be nice to know if it is available. If not, we would have to look into an alternative prior to leaving so we can make sure her skin tolerates it.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
34,519 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to buy face care products near termini?

You should be able to get "hamamelis" at the pharmacy (although not sure if this would be pure or just hamamelis-based products e.g, the Weleda brand); but of course you can (each!) take several 100 ml bottles (or U.S. equivalent) in your hand luggage anyway.

U.S. liquids rules:

"##Place liquids in individual containers with a maximum capacity of 3.4 oz./100 ml each.

##All liquids, gels and aerosols in containers larger than 3.4 oz./100 ml must be packed in your checked bag.

##Place all liquid containers in a separate clear plastic, zip-top bag no larger than 8in x 8in (20cm x 20cm) or is quart size/1 litre.

##Items must fit in the bag comfortably so that it closes completely and must be submitted for inspection separately from other carry-on baggage.

##Remove the plastic bag from the carry-on bag at the security checkpoint for separate x-ray screening.

Edited: 29 May 2014, 13:32
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
69 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to buy face care products near termini?

I recently took these on my trip in my carry on luggage. Witch Hazel towelettes

walgreens.com/store/…prod2780135-product

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
15,171 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to buy face care products near termini?

Or get her doctor to write a note saying she needs them for medical reasons, as medical liquids are exempt from the carry on rules. We carry several bottles of liquids for bandage changing and never have an issue with the TSA.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
111 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to buy face care products near termini?

Wow thanks, Caribbeangirl ---- those Witch Hazel towelettes look like the perfect option! I never knew they existed. They are pricey (considering a bottle of witch hazel only costs a dollar or two) but they are just the solution that we are looking for while traveling. We may also pack a few refillable 3oz. containers, but we were trying to keep with presealed liquids to try and limit the risk of leakage.

Thanks for all of the comments. We have already received a prescription/doctor's note for our contact solution and contacts but we can look into it for face care as well if the towelettes don't work out.

Edited: 29 May 2014, 18:05
cambridge ontario
Level Contributor
362 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to buy face care products near termini?

There is a wonderful COIN store in Termini which has a super "beauty" department.

9. Re: where to buy face care products near termini?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 06:15