We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best way from FCO airport late night/early morn?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
What is the best way from FCO airport late night/early morn?

I read the post "to and from FCO airport" and it was very helpful. But it seems like most of the options will not be available when I land. My flight is scheduled to get in at 11:15pm. But the time I get through customs and claim my baggage I'm sure it will be after midnight - maybe even 1? I don't know how long customs will take. I assume that taxis will be available that late, but I was hoping to find a cheaper option. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,001 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best way from FCO airport late night/early morn?

There is a bus at 23.50 and 00.30 by Sitbus 6 euro one way

sitbusshuttle.com/pdf/ORARI_FIUMICINO_TO_ROM…

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best way from FCO airport late night/early morn?

That is great; thank you so much! Do you know if we'll be able to buy bus tickets at the airport or on the bus? Or do we need to buy them in advance? I'm not sure what time we'll be through customs and baggage and would hate to miss our bus. Also, is this a safe option late at night? Never hurts to be careful :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best way from FCO airport late night/early morn?

What do you then plan to do when you arrive at Roma Termini - how will you get to your hotel? Where is your hotel?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best way from FCO airport late night/early morn?

We have not booked our hotel yet. I assumed we could buy tickets when we arrive at Roma Termini - do I need to buy them in advance?

We are debating whether we want to take the sit bus shuttle and then try to navigate Roma Termini or just go ahead and pay for a taxi. I'm leaning toward taxi (I think it will be quite difficult to do both, with luggage, after a long day and flight) but my traveling partner wants the cheapest option. What is your opinion?

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,001 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best way from FCO airport late night/early morn?

You don't need to buy the bus tickets in advance. If you are not staying near to Termini you will need to get a taxi to your hotel, which could be 10 - 16 euros. Taxi from FCO to your hotel would be 48 euros, or you could book a private transfer with Romecabs or Romeshuttle limousine, I've used both companies and highly recommended on here

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best way from FCO airport late night/early morn?

Some detailed info re: same question in another thread today:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k74995…

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the best way from FCO airport late night/early morn?

Thank you so much for your help! I'm glad we don't have to purchase the bus tickets in advance. We'll probably just take a taxi, but if for some reason we're wide awake and brave after our flight it's good to know we'll be able to catch the bus.

8. Re: What is the best way from FCO airport late night/early morn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2015, 05:16