We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Same dress code for climbing the dome?

Arizona
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Topic
Same dress code for climbing the dome?

Is it still the same requirement - no shorts and no bare shoulders- for climbing St Peter's Dome?

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
23,556 Reviews
from US$74.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Private...
541 Reviews
from US$395.80*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,875 Reviews
from US$58.80*
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,558 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Same dress code for climbing the dome?

Yes -

Arizona
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Same dress code for climbing the dome?

is it much hotter inside the stairs and inside the dome than the inside of the Basilica?

Arizona
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Same dress code for climbing the dome?

How much time to climb all the steps and walk back down? ( we are very fit )

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
16,855 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Same dress code for climbing the dome?

Yes, it is quite a bit warmer inside the small, enclosed stairway to the top of the dome. There is fresh air all along the way as there are small windows, but it will be warm in the summer.

How long depends on the slowest person ahead of you. As you get closer to the top it's a narrow, one person at a time climb, so you can only go as fast as the crowd. In less crowded times about an hour is what I recall between the climb, taking in the view and some pictures at the top, and coming back down.

toronto
Level Contributor
842 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Same dress code for climbing the dome?

Actually, bare shoulders for the dome are fine. We were there last week, the museum tour is fine for shorts and bare shoulders but not for the basilica or chapel. I covered my shoulders for those but took my sweater off to climb the dome.

6. Re: Same dress code for climbing the dome?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 06:17