We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome week before Holy week

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
139 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Rome week before Holy week

I will be in Rome from Mar 22-Mar 28 (week before Holy Week which runs Mar 29-Apr 5). How are the crowds at that time? I am glad that I didn't end up booking during the Easter week but wanted to know if the week before was less crowded?

Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome week before Holy week

Look, Easter actually isn't that bad over here - and the same can be said for Holy Week. Also note that shops won't close down in these periods and neither will public transportation or the museums.

Edited: 02 June 2014, 09:58
Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
139 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome week before Holy week

Sounds good! Thanks for the response.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome week before Holy week

Easter week (which is the week after Easter) is usually a bit more crowded in Rome, and in Italy in general, than usual, because most schools have Easter holiday that week. Holy Week is hardly any different from any other week at that time of year, except that some Holy Week activities do attract some crowds. For example, on Good Friday, the procession at the Colosseum means that the Colosseum is off limits for several hours.

The week before Holy Week is not at all crowded, compared with other weeks, and even the early part of Holy Week is no different from any other time.

4. Re: Rome week before Holy week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 06:16