We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Hotel Questions

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
63 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott Hotel Questions

I am using Marriott points for our hotel stay in Rome. We are considering travelling with my brother in law who will not be paying with points. Here are my options- it looks like I can stay at the Courtyard on Via Giuseppe for a pretty small amount of points. It does seem it is far out of the city center, but got decent reviews. I can also cash in all my points for the Marriott on Via Vittoria Veneto, which didn't get great reviews, but seems like it is a better location. Now finally to my questions! Will I regret staying so far out of the city center? Will I want to go back to the hotel often for quick rests? This is our first trip to Rome and I am a little overwhelmed by all of the options and now I feel a little guilty about looking at more expensive hotels! Thanks.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,742 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Hotel Questions

Only you can answer that. I always - regardless of time of year - return to my room once or twice during the day for various reasons. So, being outside of the center would not work well for me and how I spend my time

If you are going when it is hot (now through mid-September, sometimes later in September too), then you may want to stop in to get a break from the eat, get a bit of down time before going out to dinner - dinner in Italy is from 7:30-8pm

You know your priorities -

Wadsworth, Ohio
Level Contributor
86 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Hotel Questions

We stayed at both the Marriott Grand Flora and the Boscolo Palace Roma (also a Marriot property) on points - both are very close together. We also looked at the other Marriott properties and glad we chose these. We were in walking distance of many things from Via Veneto - from the hotel we walked to the Spanish Steps to the Trevi Fountain to the Pantheon to Piazza Navona.......The location worked for us. The Grand Flora is more like "a Marriott" and the Boscolo Palace Roma is one of their "boutique hotels".

Again, in October we will be back in Rome and are in the same situation as you, traveling w/friends that will be paying for their stay and we will be using points. We will be staying at the Boscolo Palace Roma as opposed to the Marriott Grand Flora because there was a little bit of a rate difference and we were trying to save them as much as possible.

Having stayed at both hotels, we had no complaints (in 2011) but I haven't read the reviews lately.

3. Re: Marriott Hotel Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 07:16