We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What can we do in one day near Civitavecchia?

Lafayette...
Level Contributor
7 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
What can we do in one day near Civitavecchia?

Our cruise is going to be at Civitavecchia, Rome in mid June. Can anyone advise me what we can do in one day near that cruise port? We don't need to get into Rome because we have done that and we are going to spend a few days in Rome after our cruise ends.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What can we do in one day near Civitavecchia?

There are buses to Lake Bracciano, or to Cerveteri, where there is an Etruscan necropolis.

Lafayette...
Level Contributor
7 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What can we do in one day near Civitavecchia?

Thank you for your info. The cruise ship also offers such excursions.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,680 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What can we do in one day near Civitavecchia?

Tarquinia is even closer o Civitavecchia than Cerveteri ahd has a great Etruscan Musesum and a necropolis with painted tombs.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1056428-i13774-k3…

Lafayette...
Level Contributor
7 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What can we do in one day near Civitavecchia?

Your info was very helpful. My husband and I have looked into Tarquinia on Google map. It looks like a very good place to spend a day. We will let you know once we experience our trip.

Lafayette...
Level Contributor
7 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What can we do in one day near Civitavecchia?

Thank you for your advice. We went to Tarquinia by train and bus. It was wonderful. In town we followed the smell of food and found a small restaurant. Too bad that we didn't get the name of that restaurant. The food was authentic and delicious.

6. Re: What can we do in one day near Civitavecchia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 08:17