We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Local tour guide for Rome

NJ
Level Contributor
112 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Local tour guide for Rome

Does anyone know of a good local tour guide to for Rome? We are four adults traveling together and would like a private guide for 2 days?

TopBike Rental & Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, City Tours, Bike Tours
City Wonders
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Night Tours, City Tours
Stefano's RomeCabs
Historical & Heritage Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Italy Segway Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Night Tours, Segway Tours, Private Tours
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,264 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Local tour guide for Rome

There a lot of good guides in Rome. We really liked Mia Schettino. More on her here:

https:/…wonderful-tour-guide-in-rome

Boston...
Level Contributor
303 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Local tour guide for Rome

we used two: Danielle Hunt at http://www.rome-tours.com/index.php (mirabilia Urbis) and found her very smart, organized and very interesting. We also used Fabrizio at http://mybesttour.com/us.htm . This was a 2 hour tour in a golf cart at the end of our trip and it was wonderful and he was so informative!

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Local tour guide for Rome

I can second the recommendation for Daniella Hunt, an American classics scholar who has lived in Rome for about 20 years. However, if you want her for two full days, you'd better book way in advance. The same is true for any good guide; very few of them have two entire free days on their calendars. Of course, it would cost a fortune as well.

Edited: 09 June 2014, 16:11
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,264 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Local tour guide for Rome

Francesca Caruso also gets great reviews.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for Local tour guide for Rome

We looked for prices for private guides which was costly, in the end we did a group tour and a private tour with Sky Tours Rome, they helped us by email to work our timing in a way which enabled us to get a private tour on the cheap, Ie choosing a quite day and time.

On The group tour the group was only a few people so it was more than less a private tour.

I found this company offered an excellent service over all

www.skytoursrome.com

Chester, New Jersey
Level Contributor
30 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for Local tour guide for Rome

I have been to Rome twice in the last 3 years and each time use Through Eternity Tours, (www.througheternity.com/) for both their private and small group tours. There are 3 in our group, me, my wife, and our 30 year old daughter. We have taken two different Vatican tours, a wine/food and art tour and underground Rome tour. The guides were excellent! On the wine and art tour we were welcomed at each stop like family and had a great time getting a very personal art tour at the same time, stopping into several spots for unique viewings.

My Daughter just got back from a business trip to Rome and had time to use them again for their Caravaggio tour and raved about it.

Have a great time and bring your walking shoes!!

7. Re: Looking for Local tour guide for Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 06:16