We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Europcar office to pick up car to drive Rome to Ancona

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Europcar office to pick up car to drive Rome to Ancona

Hi

We're planning on driving from Rome to Ancona in early September. As we don't want to drive through the centre of Rome (we're staying in Trastevere), we thought we'd pick up our hire car closer to the road we need to drive on to get to Ancona.

Does anyone have any idea which, of the following two, would be our best place to pick up the hire car.

Europcar - Tuscolana

VIA TUSCOLANA 1055

C/O CINECITTA' STUDIOS

00173 ROMA Italy

Europecar - Tiburtina

Via Tiburtina, 905

00156 Rome, Italy

Also, in researching the driving route, is it best to travel on the A24 (as it's the quickest) or take a more scenic route through the Umbria region.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers :)

Best Seller
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
22,957 reviews
from US$76.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
528 reviews
from US$410.90*
Best Seller
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,816 reviews
from US$123.30*
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,602 reviews
from US$57.20*
US$63.50
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Europcar office to pick up car to drive Rome to Ancona

I would suggest the Tiburtina office.

I live near Ancona. Many people here prefer to take the A24 when driving to Rome, but we prefer the route through Umbria, more or less following the route of the SS3, the ancient Via Flaminia.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Naperville
Level Contributor
933 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Europcar office to pick up car to drive Rome to Ancona

Would that also be a good pickup place if driving south to Sorrento? Looking at the map, it looks like a straight shot to the highway. Our other choice we were looking at, is a Hertz office on Via San Gregorio. Which do you think would be best?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Europcar office to pick up car to drive Rome to Ancona

Thank you so much for the information. You've made it so much easier to plan our journey.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Europcar office to pick up car to drive Rome to Ancona

Tiburtina is in the northern part of the city, so I wouldn't consider ideal for driving south. I don' t know how good the connections are from Via San Gregorio. Would the airport be a possibility?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,296 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Europcar office to pick up car to drive Rome to Ancona

Consider the Termini location. I have used it several times, it has expanded hours, large selection of cars, well away from the ZTL's and has easy access to hiways on via Tiburtina in East Rome.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Naperville
Level Contributor
933 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Europcar office to pick up car to drive Rome to Ancona

Thank you both for your suggestions. The airport is a consideration but it costs more to rent at the airport and I would think the offices would be more congested with people arriving there by plane. I will look again at the termini location. Sounds like it may be the place to pick up for us.

Thanks again!

7. Re: Best Europcar office to pick up car to drive Rome to Ancona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:16