We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Rome to Florence

Caloocan...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Rome to Florence

I am going to Florence after staying for a couple of days in Rome. Right after breakfast on June 27, 2014, to be specific.

Can anyone help tell me what is the best and cheapest way? I have one piece of luggage and a carry-all back-pack.

Am thinking of spending two nights there, as I want to drop by Pisa. Then I plan to go Venice before heading to Milan. Have to travel back to Manila from Milan on July 2, 2014.

Please???? Thanks

Turin
Level Contributor
6,693 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Rome to Florence

Two competing companies: www.trenitalia.com and www.italotreno.it/EN/Pages/default.aspx

On www.trenitalia.com click the UK flag and choose a date within the next 7 days to see all fares.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Rome to Florence

Book a RESERVED Trenitalia train out of Roma Termini Station in advance as pay as little as 19 Euros, versus the regular undiscounted fare of 43 Euros which is what you pay if you buy on the same day as your travel. On Trenitalia, you can book up to four months in advance.

The UNRESERVED Trenitalia regionale train from Roma Termini to FIrenze SMN costs only 20.45 Euros, but takes more than twice as long as the reserved Freccia train. The fare for this UNRESERVED train is the same regardless of when you buy the ticket.

Italo Treno operates out of Tiburtina station, which may not be as convenient to you as Termini Station.

3. Re: Train from Rome to Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 06:17