We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic / unique things to do in Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
201 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic / unique things to do in Rome

My boyfriend and I (upper 20s) will be traveling to Rome for our 3 year anniversary the first week of September. I usually like to plan unique things to do in larger cities so that all of what we do and see isn't the typical "touristy" things. He has been to Rome before, my first time, so we will of course do some major sites but needing some extra help.

I'm looking for restaurants and/or bars that are nice and romantic, maybe with rooftop (or just regular) terraces with a view, or a restaurant that has nice trees around it (for lack of a better description!). As far as sights, maybe a beauitful garden, bridge over pretty water, place we can bring a bottle of wine and drink a glass/have a picnic, or any other fun and memorable things you all have done while in Rome!

Thanks for your help!!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,402 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic / unique things to do in Rome

I love the terrace of Castel Sant Angelo especially at sunset. The Santa Lucia restaurant near Piazza Navona is romantic and gorgeous (it was used as a location in Eat Pray Love) and you can't beat the city at dawn. Get up early and you'll have some places all to yourselves - such as the Trevi Fountain or Piazza Della Rotunda where the Pantheon is located.

Rome
Level Contributor
242 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic / unique things to do in Rome

Casa delle Civette (the Owl house) in the Villa Torlonia park (bus from Termini), the Coppedè area - like out of a fairy tale (nearby the Villa Torlonia park so you can combine them), the Acqueduct Park for a picnic (Metro line A get off at the Subagusta stop, then it's a 400 mt. walk). 3 things that come to my mind but there are many others of course.

Google for pictures.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,245 posts
619 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic / unique things to do in Rome

Here's a helpful thread on rooftop bars/restaurants: tripadvisor.com/…51208357

4. Re: Romantic / unique things to do in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 06:16