We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italy and student discounts

Melbourne
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Italy and student discounts

I am travelling to Italy, Barcelona and Paris and was wondering whether it is worth buying an international student card. Are they recognised and do tourist attractions offer student discount on entry fees?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italy and student discounts

In most cases, discounts are more likely to be based on age (under 26, i.e. maximum 25) rather than student status.

The Vatican is one institution that does offer a reduction specifically for students, but the international student card is not the ONLY document that can be used for this: …vatican.va/3_EN/…MV_Info_Evento02_1.html

This being the forum for Italy, it is not the place to ask about practices in Barcelona or Paris.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9,016 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italy and student discounts

I think you have to check individual sites, the Coloseo does not offer discounts (unless you are under 18 or over 65)

…coopculture.it/index.php/en/index.php…

But the Vatican museum does

…vatican.va/musei/tickets/do…

Neither does the Louvre

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Italy and student discounts

There is a reduced fee for young people at the Colosseum. I didn't think my university student card would be enough but I showed them a photocopy of my passport which sufficed.

http://www.the-colosseum.net/around/visit.htm

Melbourne
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Italy and student discounts

Thank you, don't think it is worth paying for an international card !!

Melbourne
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Italy and student discounts

Thank you, have researched some of the major sites and don't think it is worth paying for an international card !!

Melbourne
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Italy and student discounts

Thank you, considering I am mature age I don't think it would be of any help to me. Cheers

Level Contributor
1,268 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Italy and student discounts

Generally speaking Italy is not a student discount country, no one here has an international student s card, because except for parties or university small towns, it's rarely useful.

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Italy and student discounts

I'm travelling through a few countries and found out that the ISC is only useful for those eligible by age.

If you're over 26 it's worthless.

9. Re: Italy and student discounts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 05:20