We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best places to stay in Rome on a budget?!?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
best places to stay in Rome on a budget?!?

Myself and a couple of girls are planning on going to Rome over the winter period and want to stay in a good hotel that is not to far away from central locations, easy to access and is not to expensive! If any one has any suggestions, I'm all ears :)

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,765 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best places to stay in Rome on a budget?!?

What is "not too expensive" to you? It means different things to different people. Also, how many is "a couple girls"? You need to be more specific.

Donna

Melbourne
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best places to stay in Rome on a budget?!?

there will be 3 of us and less than $120AUD is ideal

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,765 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best places to stay in Rome on a budget?!?

That's about 82 euros per night.

You can try the Re di Roma, Hotel Pricilla or the Hotel Rafaello.

Donna

New Haven...
Level Contributor
1 post
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best places to stay in Rome on a budget?!?

Try Albergo del Sole al Biscione. The staff is kind and it is a two star (but very well kept) just around the corner from Campo de Fiori

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
13,008 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best places to stay in Rome on a budget?!?

You might be able to get a triple room at one of the convents, or one double and one single. The only limitation is a curfew - if you're planning to be out late at night it won't work for you.

I've stayed many times at Casa Il Rosario, near the roman forum. The rooms are small but clean, most have a private bath. The breakfast is decent and there is internet access, but there is also an 11 PM curfew. When I'm traveling alone that's not an issue, even with others we're usually up and out early in the morning so being in by 11 isn't a hardship. I can understand, however, that it might be a problem for you.

Contact info: CASA IL ROSARIO

Via S. Agata dei Goti,10 00184 Rome.

Tel. 06.679.2346; Fax: 06.6994.1106; E-mail: irodopre@tin.it

6. Re: best places to stay in Rome on a budget?!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 06:24