We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe to board the train from Rome airport late at night ?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Safe to board the train from Rome airport late at night ?

My hotel is about 300 m from the Cavour station. So, the suggested route from the airport is to take a train from Rome Airport (Leonardo Express) to Termini and then take a metro from Termini to Cavour station.

Since I arrive in Rome at 22:10 and in the night and it will take about 40-50 mins for baggage and immigration clearances, just wanted to check if this is safe for us to travel by train from the Rome Airport via Termini or if we should go for a taxi?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,809 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe to board the train from Rome airport late at night ?

It will be safe but it's more direct to go with a taxi straight to your hotel.

Donna

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe to board the train from Rome airport late at night ?

I agree with Donna. While it is very easy to take the Leonardo Express and then the Metro to your hotel, at that time of night the Metro may not be running. Then you would have to find and take the correct bus down via Cavour.

A taxi will put you at the hotel door, which is what I would do at that time of the day. I stay in that same area of Rome and, while I know my way around quite well, late at night I do take a cab from the airport.

When you get your luggage, go to the official taxi stand on the street. Do not accept a ride from someone who walks up to you and asks you if you need a taxi. The fare should be a flat fare, euro 48. If it has changed, someone here will correct me!

3. Re: Safe to board the train from Rome airport late at night ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 06:17