We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beware international phone card fumicino airport

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Verona, NJ
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
beware international phone card fumicino airport

Beware of the phone card issued at Rome Fumicino airport. It looks very official, purchased from the booth with an attendant. It's called Scheda Telefonica Internazionale Prepagata. I paid 20 euros plus 4 Euros, Airport fee? I used it once and it expired after 5 minutes. When I called the customer service they told me it was only good for a few minutes. Total ripoff, so I told them I would post that info on the internet. The color of trhe card is green and yellow

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,696 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beware international phone card fumicino airport

That's just a generic name for an International Prepaid Phone Card. You didn't inquire about the rates before buying?

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: beware international phone card fumicino airport

Caveat Emperor. The fault lies with you.

3. Re: beware international phone card fumicino airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 14:21