We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Termini Railway to Vatican

Tenterfield...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Termini Railway to Vatican

We are staying about 5 mins from Termini and need to be at the Vatican Tour at 8am. How much would a taxi cost and how long will it take to get there? Thank you.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
13,014 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Termini Railway to Vatican

Five minutes from Termini is a pretty big area ... in which direction?

From Termini itself I'd say about 15 - 20 minutes by cab, assuming no unusual traffic, and about 15 - 20 Euro in fare.

2. Re: How to get from Termini Railway to Vatican

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 02:05
Tenterfield...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Termini Railway to Vatican

Thank you for your response, we are booked into the Bettoja Hotel Nord Nuova Roma.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
13,014 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from Termini Railway to Vatican

You are just steps from the cab line at Termini so it will be quite easy.

Tenterfield...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get from Termini Railway to Vatican

Thank you so much, this has help me greatly :)

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get from Termini Railway to Vatican

The metro underground is easy to use and cheap! €1.50 per person one way. It runs very regularly! Lots of tourists using it and it can get a bit full, especially at the end of the day - meaning you have to stand, but the journey is very short! You take the red line (there is only 2 lines), short walk from Metro station to Vatican.

Tenterfield...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get from Termini Railway to Vatican

Thank you for explaining the metro, it is much cheaper, but I am worried about being able to get there at 8am - so taxi might be best.

Level Contributor
1,266 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get from Termini Railway to Vatican

Métro opens at 5, 30 and there is a train every 5 minutes. You will surely be there at 8. Trip will take 15 minutes and be probably faster than taxi.

Tenterfield...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get from Termini Railway to Vatican

Thank you, might take the metro after all :)

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
13,014 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get from Termini Railway to Vatican

I wouldn't count on the metro being faster than a taxi, not when you add in the time to get down to the metro station at Termini and to walk from either the Ottaviano or Cipro stations to the entrance of the museums. I think it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.