We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel pass

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,950 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Travel pass

Do they still do the B.I.G. one day pass, what is the cost, and can i buy one at any train station within rome.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
5,201 posts
618 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel pass

Here's the ATAC (Agenzia per la Mobilità del Comune di Roma) website on the B.I.G. day pass -- http://www.atac.roma.it/page.asp?p=229&i=14

Edited: 04 July 2014, 00:04
Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel pass

SpanishStepsApt peovided you with an excellent link but I'd like to build on that nevertheless.

The B.I.G. costs 6 € and lets you make unlimited use of all the public transport network (including the regional trains within the city of Rome) for 24 hours from the date in which you first time-stamped it.

And yes, you could buy it at a train station... but only if there were a newsstand or a tabaccheria nearby.

Edited: 04 July 2014, 07:01
cornwall uk
Level Contributor
3,950 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel pass

Thankyou for your reply, will get one,as they seem good value.

Level Contributor
1,251 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel pass

They seem but often they're not.

When you'll be in rome you'll realise the center is compact and really walkable. Main sites are within walking distance and the normal ticket costs 1, 50 euros and it's valid for 100 minutes within you can take endless trips on trams and buses and 1 trip on the metro.

Being the metro not really developed in city center in my experience when I visited sites relatively close to each other, I rarely used more than 4 bus tickets.

Just to say, the pass in milan costs 4,50 and normal ticket cost is the same...

So, depending on what you're visiting, pass can be also not worth it.

5. Re: Travel pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 06:16