We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill ticket question?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birkenhead, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill ticket question?

We went to the Colosseum today, and since it only took a few hours, decided we would take a walk around the Roman Forum, and then do Palatine Hill tomorrow. However, as they are interconnected we were told only 1 entry was allowed. Which I see as very unfair since it is worded as a 2 day pass for all 3 sights, when it appears to be more 2 sights.

My question is, are we able to return tomorrow and visit Palatine Hill? Or have we used up the use of our pass, and would have to pay for the full ticket again?

Edit: However, I have seen contradicting stories, stating it is one entry per entrance gate, and so we should be able to get back in. Can anyone clarify? Even if the rules state we shouldn't go back, would the entrance at Palatine hill we have not used allow us through?

Edited: 04 July 2014, 15:50
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,345 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill ticket question?

No, the sites are connected by an internal walkway and once inside you are considered to be inside both sites. If you go back tomorrow you will need to buy another entry ticket to get inside.

As for the wording, I think it's fair. It is three sites but two of them are connected. The forum is a different "site" than the palatine hill but you can see both without leaving one of the other. Also, if you look at the official site, the forum and palatine hill are listed together, not separately as the colosseum is.

As for using the other gate, the ticket won't scan there if it's already been used.

Donna

Edited: 04 July 2014, 17:06
2. Re: Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill ticket question?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 06:17