We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from Rome to Milan

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Matawan Nj
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Flying from Rome to Milan

Please recommend an airline carrier. We are interested in flying from Rome to Milan. Thanks for your assistance as we generally travel by train and have no experience with domestic flights within Italy.

BILL

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,616 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying from Rome to Milan

You can fly from FCO to either Milan-Malpensa or Milan-Linate with both Alitalia and Easyjet, I do not recommend specific carriers, you will need to make your own assessment of convenient departure times and prices for the date in question.

Although unless this is because you are arriving at FCO on a flight from elsewhere, personally I would continue to take the train - and if you ARE flying in from elsewhere, note that unless you buy a single flight ticket "X to Milan via Rome", you will need at least 3 hours between flights to pick up luggage and check in again at FCO.

Matawan Nj
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying from Rome to Milan

Thank you. We are taking the train to Rome from a small town in Campania where are visiting relatives. Rather than waiting at Termini for a train to Milan we thought that it may be better to take the train to FCO and fly to Milan. I have been told that the airfare may be less than the train. We expect to travel with carry on luggage which makes everything easier. I will explore both carriers. Thanks again!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying from Rome to Milan

Train to Milan will be a lot quicker than flying, and takes you city center to city center. Fast trains leave Termini roughly every 30 minutes, and take under 3 hours to do this trip. Compare this with the time you will need to:

a) Get from Termini to the airport.

b) Check in at least 1 hour before flight.

c) Actual flying time and disembarkation procedures at Milan, and

d) Get from Malpensa or Linate airports into Milan.

Train will definitely be quicker than this, easier, and bought in advance tickets can be as low as €29

4. Re: Flying from Rome to Milan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 05:16