We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coopculture Colosseum Tickets - Box office collection

Belfast
Level Contributor
331 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Coopculture Colosseum Tickets - Box office collection

Hi, I am heading to Rome on Wednesday with my family (including a 3 and 5 year old), and we are keen to go inside the Colosseum. With 2 relatively young children I don't want to stand in a queue for hours, so was hoping to buy tickets online in advance. I see alot of people here recommend coopculture, however due to buying 2 tickets for under 18s, there is no 'print at home' option, just the 'collect at ticket office' option. I realise this is probably so they can check my children actually are under 18, but my question is, if I go with this option, does collecting at the box office, mean waiting in the same line (and hence waiting agggggges) as those waiting to purchase tickets on the day? If so, it wipes out the benefit for us of buying in advance. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coopculture Colosseum Tickets - Box office collection

I'm so glad you have asked this as I need to know the answer too! I have printed off my receipt (for 2 adults and 2 under 18s) and am now wondering if it was worth the bother! Is there a different queue to go in for pre-booked tickets. Even if someone says that we should/could have printed the tickets off at home (I didn't see an option) I also cannot see a way of going back into the booking and amending it.

Belfast
Level Contributor
331 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coopculture Colosseum Tickets - Box office collection

I tried booking 2 normal adult tickets as a test and it gave the print at home option, however it doesnt give that option when you add a child's ticket. Hopefully someone can advise if it's still worthwhile!

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
34,300 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coopculture Colosseum Tickets - Box office collection

You don't add the kids to the print at home tickets. They cannot buy a ticket online. You simply buy the adult tickets and go to the line for the special events desk. There may be one of two people in front of you but it's not the long line to buy regular tickets. At the desk just ask for the free tickets for the kids. They cannot get inside without one. Use the print at home option just for any adult tickets you need.

Donna

Belfast
Level Contributor
331 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coopculture Colosseum Tickets - Box office collection

Brilliant Donna, thank you. So I can print the 2 adults and get 2 kid's tickets on the day, without having to join the 'regular' queue? Fantastic if that is the case. I'll just go first thing in the morning (9am?) and hopefully all runs smoothly!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coopculture Colosseum Tickets - Box office collection

Hi dbade - I have printed out my reservation (with the 2 under 18s listed on it as I didn't know not to!) so do I just take that to the Special Events Desk too?

Belfast
Level Contributor
331 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coopculture Colosseum Tickets - Box office collection

Now I'm wondering I should do the same Rea66....I suppose I've nothing to lose by booking 2 under 18 tickets and printing out the confirmation email and taking it.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
34,300 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coopculture Colosseum Tickets - Box office collection

Actually, it will cost you 2 euros each to do that online. You must pay the booking fee for ALL tickets bought, even free ones. Just pick them up at the site.

Rea66, did you use the print at home option and now have actual tickets in hand or is it just the confirmation? If it's just the confirmation you'll need to stop at the desk to change that into tickets for your group. If you used the print at home option and have printed tickets you should be able to print the free ones as well and just go through the turnstiles without going to the desk or waiting.

Donna

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coopculture Colosseum Tickets - Box office collection

There wasn't a 'print tickets at home' option because I have 2 under 18s, so I have just got the booking confirmation. Do I go to a separate desk one for pre-booked tickets? This is a stupid system. Why pay E2 for a ticket you can't print at home, that you still have to queue for and get free if you don't pre-book! How can that be right?!

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
34,300 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coopculture Colosseum Tickets - Box office collection

You will just go to the special reservations desk to get all tickets. You don't have to reserve the free tickets online but if you choose to you must pay the reservation fee. It's just the way their system is set up.

The desk is the same for your tickets and the free tickets. Just take your print out with you.

donna

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coopculture Colosseum Tickets - Box office collection

Thanks dbabe. I'm starting to get a bit panicky about details as my trip gets nearer. We are in Rome 27th July - 1st August for our 25th Wedding Anniversary so I want it to run smoothly :)

Edited: 07 July 2014, 21:38