We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question regarding the Colonna Venus

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
westland michigan
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Topic
Question regarding the Colonna Venus

My understanding is that this famous statue is located in the Pio-Clementine part of the Vatican museums.off from the gallery of statues in the Mask room. I read that this room is often closed. Is ther anyway to know beforehand if it can be viewed?

Turin
Level Contributor
5,072 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Question regarding the Colonna Venus

They are all copies, but another good one is in Palazzo Altemps. The Farnese one is in Naples.

westland michigan
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question regarding the Colonna Venus

Yes I know they are copies, but the Vatican one is suppose to be the most faithful to the original.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,242 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question regarding the Colonna Venus

The official word is that the gallery is never open to the public. You can take a tour that includes it if you wish.

…vatican.va/musei/tickets/do…

Donna

westland michigan
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Question regarding the Colonna Venus

Thanks

5. Re: Question regarding the Colonna Venus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 21:17