We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Uk
Level Contributor
350 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
St Peter's Basilica then Sunday Angelus

I'm hoping to get a visit to St Peter's Basilica in before attending Sunday Angelus. About how long should I allow for St Peter's Basilica so that I can be St Peter's Square in time for Sunday Angelus? (It won't be on the last Sunday of the month when the Vatican Museums open for free.)

new orleans
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: St Peter's Basilica then Sunday Angelus

I have the same questions. Hoping someone can help : )

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
34,508 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Peter's Basilica then Sunday Angelus

If the angelus is in the square they won't let you into the basilica before it. They usually close the basilica until after the crowds have dispersed.

Donna

Uk
Level Contributor
350 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Peter's Basilica then Sunday Angelus

The Sunday I was there the Pope was saying a Special Mass in St Peter's to mark the start of extraordinary synod on the family which was being shown on big screens in St Peter's Square prior to the Angelus. In the end I went back on another day to see St Peter's Basilica on a different day.

4. Re: St Peter's Basilica then Sunday Angelus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2016, 05:16